These are the official rules options from GURPS Power-Ups 5: Impulse Buys in use.
- 1 Paying Fate's Price
- 2 Buying Success
- 3 Player Guidance
- 4 Survival
- 5 Amazing Feats
Paying Fate's Price
These points are considered to be persistent and/or cumulative across Sessions, and do not regenerate per Session (except Luck Points, as specified).
This is the standard type. Effects are as indicated below on this page.
- Bonus Points, Starting Points, Sacrifice, Friends, Debt
Paragon vs Renegade; see Karma Points
Characters with Luck gain 2PP per level instead of the listed effects.
- Tactics rolls may grant PP specific to the tactical situation
- Planning rolls may grant PP specific to retroactive preparedness
- Critical failure to failure: 2 points*
- Failure to success: 1 point*
- Upgrade margin of success: 1 point
- Success to critical success: 2 points*
- Critical success to success: 2 points*
- Success to failure: 1 point*
- Failure to critical failure: 2 points*
- Enemy failure to critical failure: 2 points
- Buying Effect or Defense vs. Effect
- Per two dice set to 1 or 6: 1 point
- Per die for exact table result: 1 point
- Immunity to (Specific Disease/Hazard), Low Rejection Threshold, or No Nuisance Rolls: 1 point/use; not Rules Exemption
(*) Costs are cumulative. Nuisance rolls, or similar situations don't count; @GMD.
- Minor change: 1 point
- Moderate change: 2 points
- Major change: 3 points
- After critical success: -1 point*
- Fleeting change: -1 point*
Trading Points for Money
- Per 10% of campaign average starting cash (w/ suitable excuse): 1 point
Favors in Play
- NPC is present and renders aid: 0.8 x base cost of Ally, Contact, Contact Group, or Patron, rounded up
- NPC appears and renders aid: 1.6 x base cost of Ally, Contact, Contact Group, or Patron, rounded up
- Brotherhood, Disposable Identity, Doodad, Friend, Honest Face, or Standard Operating Procedure: 1 point/use
(*) Added to cost of change. Minimum cost is 1 point.
- Deflect disadvantage: 0.5 x size of disadvantage cost, rounded up
- Flesh wound: 1 point per ¼ HP, minimum 1 HP (unless injury is already under ¼ HP)
- Keep Dependent alive: 0.5 x size of Dependent cost, rounded up
- Miraculous recovery: 25 points
- Resurrect Ally: Ally cost
- Second wind: 1 point per ¼ FP, minimum 1 FP (unless loss is already under ¼ FP)
- Dramatic Death: 1 point/use
Not available for the following campaigns: S³M
- Opt-in option (cinematic or optional combat rule—may include cinematic bow damage): 1 point/use, @GMD
- Controllable Disadvantage, Rest in Pieces, or normally off-limits combat perk: 1 point/use, @GMD