Title: Master Barlowe Goodpryce, Free-Haberdasher of the Merchants' Guild of the Capital, “Friend to the downtrodden, savior of humanity, and purveyor of fine silks”
Actor: Dom DeLuise
Friendly, Occasionally-Adventurous Clothing Retailer
Benevolent Boss; Obsessed With Food
A friendly local clothing merchant/wholesaler who is easily confused on the price of things. Occasional employer of Ser Kenrick.
- Barlowe was happy enough to live life as it came, but was forced by circumstance to wrest control of the family from his drunken-sot of a father, and bring the family and the family business to success and prominence.
- Unmarried—too busy to deal with that sort of thing
- Average-sized extended family, long-time Capital merchants of various goods
- Primary: Barlowe's bumbling uncle has gotten himself into legal trouble (again), being sued for debts he can't possibly pay, and the family is in a bit of a crisis over how to sort him out.
- Secondary: An otherwise-lucrative business deal is hung up, due to city laws passed unexpectedly, leaving Barlowe's business on the hook without hope of the quick profit they were expecting.
- Always hungry
- Home in the Garden District of the Capital; warehouse(s) in the Trades District—"Grand Barlowe Hall," impressive city mansion, if a bit less than the name suggests
CK2: ; Focus: ; Ambition:
Gift for Grandiosity; Talker; Expert Merchant; Expert in Cloth and Textiles; Can Defend Himself If He Has To