- Home Gravity: 1.17
- Home Atmosphere: Standard, Oxy/Nit
- Home Terrain: Shallow Ocean/Swamp
- Home Climate: Warm; +10°
- TL: 10(late); Concentration: Stealth
Their physical form (based on encounter suit, not natural) they are roughly man-sized (a little squat), humanoid/bipedal; height -2"@ST; weight +100lbs@ST. They are never seen outside their encounter suit for a number of reasons, including the need for a specific (aquatic) environment, and general paranoia. Suit design varies by individual, but it is usually chameleon-surfaced, often decorated with braids, capes, markings, etc. They are incapable of direct verbal communication, relying on their suits to allow electronic means; amongst their own kind, they use no “language” but communicate directly via highly-encrypted radio transmissions, but are capable of vocalizing any language through external speakers (most commonly Emminric). Cannot reproduce naturally, only artificially, due to the encounter-suit.
They are an uplifted fish-like species, gengineered and cybernetically modified by their practically-symbiotic partner-race, the Emminh-Rhi, examples of which are never far away (though generally out of sight). Homeworld has a very active water-cycle; Ref: Kamino-SWEpII
- Tend toward the “Chaotic Neutral.”
- Ref:Mangalores-5th Element, Necromongers-Riddick ("You keep what you kill," etc.)
- Most universally annoying
3e GURPS Stats
Based on a "suited" individual, and not their natural form; cost does not include any integral weaponry, which are always present in some form or another
Attribute Modifiers [-10]: ST+3 ; DX-1 [-20]; IQ-1[-20] Secondary Attribute Modifiers : HP+5  Advantages : Carbon-Based ; Chameleon+2 (Affects EM and IR [+20%]; Always On [-10%]) [+11]; Damage Resistance+20 (Can't wear armor [-40%]) ; Doesn't Breathe ; Doesn't Sleep; High Pain Threshold ; Hyperspectral Vision (One spectrum at a time [-20%]) ; No Facial Expression ; Pressure Support 3 ; Sealed ; Subsonic Speech ; Telecommunication (Radio; Works underwater [+50%]; Video [+40%]; Racial [-20%]) ; Vacuum Support  Disadvantages [-150]: Electrical [-20]; Maintenance (1 SK:Eng/Mech(Cyber), weekly) [-5]; ORH (Does things that don't make any normal sense and never (or can't) explains why) [-10]; Phobia (Unconsciousness) [-15]; Restricted Diet (Substitution [-50%]) [-10]; Restricted Vis (NoPV) [-15]; Rigid Biochemistry+3[-45]; Unhealing (Never, can be repaired) [-30] Features: Dead-man device destroys internal organics on the event of its death (non-explosive) Taboo: Cyber-Rejection Recommended: Any Mental Disads; CoH(Chi)
- Theorized that the original form of the species used a natural sonar to communicate
- Since Tohre-Chi have no spoken language, all names and words associated with the Tohre-Chi are from the Emminric language
- Cybernetically bonded to encounter suit, cannot be removed (technically cyborgs), plus they tend to self-destruct when killed; no outside scientists have been able to discover what they really look like, and efforts at genetic reconstruction have been slow (and underfunded).
- Suits are as individual as fingerprints
- Technically Phosphorous-based, although the advantages are nullified due to bionic reconstruction.
- "Bleed" seawater
- Tend to have many built-in "gadgets" that allow them to perform normally in spit of the restrictions of the encounter suit (e.g. mini tools built into hands to make up for lack of manual dexterity)
- Physical Disads generally refer to the encounter suit, rather than the organism